skipzen.blogspot.com is helping you to collect ITE Chapter 3 Exam to show you on this page. ITE Chapter 3 Exam are almost 24 questions. While you take exam online with Cisco, you will meet 24 questions with duration 1 hours to 2 hours depend on your instructor activate.
To pass ITE Chapter 3 Exam, you should review all these question. We provide you accurate answer 100%.
Click here go to ITE Chapter 3 Exam – Online Test
1. When a computer is being assembled, which action can be taken to help eliminate cable clutter within a computer case?
· Install a CPU without using a heat sink and fan assembly.
· Install a 2.5in HDD instead of a 3.5in HDD.
· Install a modular power supply.
· Install a motherboard without using standoffs in the case.
2. What is the best way to apply thermal compound when reseating a CPU?
· Clean the CPU and the base of the heat sink with isopropyl alcohol before applying the thermal compound.
· Use rubbing alcohol to clean the base of the heat sink before applying thermal compound.
· Scrape off the old thermal compound on the heat sink with a sharp knife and apply the thermal compound liberally.
· Put a thick layer of thermal compound over the existing thermal compound before reseating the CPU.
· Change the base of the heat sink before applying the thermal compound.
3. A technician is installing additional memory in a computer. How can the technician guarantee that the memory is correctly aligned?
· The label on the memory module should always face the CPU.
· A notch in the memory module should be aligned with a notch in the memory slot.
· The arrows on the memory module should be aligned with the arrows on the motherboard slot.
· Memory slots are color coded, with one end red and one end blue.
4. What is used to prevent the motherboard from touching metal portions of the computer case?
· an I/O shield
· thermal compound
· ZIF sockets
5. Which statement describes the purpose of an I/O connector plate?
· It makes the I/O ports of the motherboard available for connection in a variety of computer cases.
· It plugs into the motherboard and expands the number of available slots for adapter cards.
· It provides multiple connections for SATA hard drives to connect to the motherboard.
· It connects the PCIe adapter slots used for video directly to the CPU for faster processing.
6. What are three important considerations when installing a CPU on a motherboard? (Choose three.)
· Antistatic precautions are taken.
· The CPU is correctly aligned and placed in the socket.
· The CPU contacts are first cleaned with isopropyl alcohol.
· The CPU heat sink and fan assembly are correctly installed.
· The CMOS EPROM battery is removed prior to installing the CPU.
· Maximum insertion force is applied to the load lever so the CPU is locked in place.
7. Which type of drive is typically installed in a 5.25 inch (13.34 cm) bay?
· hard drive
· optical drive
· flash drive
8. Which type of motherboard expansion slot has four types ranging from x1 to x16 with each type having a different length of expansion slot?
9. A technician is installing a new high-end video adapter card into an expansion slot on a motherboard. What may be needed to operate this video adapter card?
· PCI expansion slot
· PCIe x 8 expansion slot
· Two 8-pin power connectors
· 24-pin ATX power connector
10. When assembling a PC, how is pin 1 identified on the front panel cables so that it can be aligned properly with pin 1 on the motherboard panel connector?
· by a small arrow or notch
· by a plus sign
· by a P1
· by a red cable
11. A technician has just finished assembling a new computer. When the computer is powered up for the first time, the POST discovers a problem. How does the POST indicate the error?
· It issues a number of short beeps.
· The LED on the front of the computer case flashes a number of times.
· It places an error message in the BIOS.
· It locks the keyboard.
12. What is a function of the BIOS?
· enables a computer to connect to a network
· provides temporary data storage for the CPU
· performs a check on all internal components
· provides graphic capabilities for games and applications
13. A technician has assembled a new computer and must now configure the BIOS. At which point must a key be pressed to start the BIOS setup program?
· before the computer is powered on
· during the Windows load process
· during the POST
· after the POST, but before Windows starts to load
14. What data is stored in the CMOS memory chip?
· BIOS settings
· Windows configuration settings
· user login information
· device drivers
15. What is the purpose of LoJack?
· It allows the owner of a device to remotely locate, lock, or delete all files from the device.
· It ensures that a computer will only boot an operating system that is trusted by the motherboard manufacturer.
· It provides passwords for different levels of access to the BIOS.
· It encrypts data on hard drives to prevent access without the correct password.
16. Which is a BIOS security feature that can prevent data from being read from a hard drive even if the hard drive is moved to another computer?
· drive encryption
· secure boot
· BIOS passwords
17. What is one purpose of adjusting the clock speed within the BIOS configuration settings?
· to allow a computer to run multiple operating systems in files or partitions
· to change the order of the bootable partitions
· to disable devices that are not needed or used by the computer
· to allow the computer to run slower and cooler
18. A technician is assembling a new computer. Which two components are often easier to install before mounting the motherboard in the case? (Choose two.)
· sound card
· video card
19. Which two components are commonly replaced when a computer system with a newer motherboard is being upgraded? (Choose two.)
· hard disk drive
· optical drive
· CMOS battery
· adapter card
20. A user reports that every morning when a particular computer is turned on, the configuration settings on that computer have to be reset. What action should be taken to remedy this situation?
· Replace the motherboard.
· Replace the CMOS battery.
· Move the jumpers,
· Upgrade the BIOS.
21. What are two reasons for installing a second hard disk drive inside an existing computer? (Choose two.)
· to support a RAID array
· to store BIOS configuration settings
· to store the system swap file
· to increase CPU speed
· to allow access to a secondary display output
22. When should a technician use unsigned drivers for newly installed computer hardware?
· if the unsigned driver is the most current driver available
· if the original installation media is not available
· if the source of the drivers is trusted by the technician
· if the Windows installation media does not contain a valid signed driver
23. What computer component is often required to allow a single computer to use two monitors simultaneously?
· an extra power supply
· a second video adapter card
· an extra USB connection
· a KVM switch
24. A technician notices that half of the memory slots on a motherboard are colored differently from the other half. Which technology is probably implemented on this system?
· dual channeling
Tag: ite chapter 3 exam answers, ITE Chapter 3 Exam Answer v6.0 2018 100pts, ite chapter 3 exam answer v6.0 2018 - ccna v6.0 exam 2019, jawaban soal ite chapter 3 exam, jawab soal exam chapter 3